A WOLRD OF GAMING IS WAITING FOR YOU!
As a worldwide leader in the games industry, asmodee creates and distributes (board) game experiences to a global audience. Their games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination.
We are on the hunt for a progressive Head of Accounting for our client asmodee in Essen, Germany.
Scope of the position:
- Developing a state-of-the-art accounting department by leading and managing the German accounting team (4 employees) for all German operations of asmodee Germany with a strong interface to HQ in France
- Being responsible for the personnel, financial and administrative backbone of the German Holding and ensuring a modern accounting business as well as a healthy team development.
- Management of the accounting team (4 employees)
- Continuous improvement of the operational processes of the accounting department and further development of the team in accounting topics
- Collaboration with international teams on reporting and projects
- Independent preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements according to the German Commercial Code (HGB)
- Preparation of annual tax returns and contact person for auditors and tax consultants
- Clarification and strategic advice on accounting issues
- Development of accounting guidelines within the company as well as training of employees of other departments in relation to value flows, etc.
- Enabling leadership style
- Completed commercial training with corresponding further training as a balance sheet accountant (m/f/d), ideally IFRS experience
- Profound knowledge of German tax and financial law
- Proficiency in written and spoken German, good knowledge of English required
- Change management experience
- Independent, structured, and reliable way of working and a passion for numbers and people
- Ability to work under pressure, strong communication and organizational skills
- High social competence, enjoy teamwork and commitment to your team
- Results-oriented, structured working style
- Agile ways of working
- Pragmatic „can do“ mentality